Every Tuesday, I will be providing a look into the things I simply can’t get over. These are ten random obsessions that you might share with me or maybe just won’t understand. Either way, take a look!
- Insecure returns!- HBO’s wildly underrated comedy comes back for season 2 after leaving us hanging with last finale’s ender. Breakout star Issa Rae shines in this comedy that at times feels too real. If you haven’t, make sure you check it out. The first season is only 8 episodes all under 30 minutes long so binge away!
- Fetish, Selena Gomez- Selena Gomez has found her niche. Her breathy, sexy, whispery sound works perfectly with the confident track. With lyrics as fun and catchy as “when I look in the mirror, baby I see it clearer, why you want to be nearer” and “if I were you I’d do me too!” Selena creates the perfect summer pop song. A collaboration by Gucci Mane recaptures the magic from Good For You a couple of years ago.
- Catching up on Game of Thrones- GOT hype is at an all-time high. The reasons why I’m not caught up don’t speak for the show’s quality. It has been one of those shows that I always keep saying I will binge but end up choosing a different show. Well, not anymore. Thanks to HBONOW, I’ll bow to watch 2 episodes a day until I’m current with the world.
- Target runs- on Sunday, I went on a Target run with my cousin Jorge. We went to get a hat for work. We ended up spending 2 hours there trying on clothes, checking out the entertainment department, the dollar spot, and pretty much every square inch of the retailer. Shopping at Target always feels fresh and productive. Yes, I overspent, but that was quality time that the store provided was unrivaled. (Gosh, my life is dull!)
- Kesha’s comeback- Kesha is one of those artist who I will always root for. From her brave battles, to the unfortunate events that have haunted her, I tend to want her to do well. So when her first single in years Praying was marvelous, I wept in joy. Kesha had never sounded better than she does in her new songs Praying and Woman, 2017 is definitely the year of Kesha.
- Tracee Ellis Ross- Ms. Ross is a gift for the world. She has a captivating beauty, an incredible talent, an exquisite fashion taste, and most importantly is woke AF. If you don’t follow her on Instagram, you are truly missing out.
- Finding new karaoke song choices- Many of you know I enjoy karaoke (as evidenced by the article the struggle of loving to sing, but sounding like a dying cat) but my issue is always finding a good karaoke song. By burning Mr. Brightside and Take Me To Church to the ground, I essentially ran out of choices. Help me!
- Lust for Life- One of my most anticipated albums of the year is arriving this Friday. If the new tracks are indication, this is about to be one of Lana’s best albums to date. Review coming up next week!
- The Incredibles 2- After constantly reading about Disney’s D23 convention, my favorite topic was The Incredibles’ sequel. The wait has been long and grueling but dear friends, the movie is upon us. It will pick up exactly at the same point where the original ended, so we will get to see that for sure to be epic battle. Ugh, I’m so excited, just get here already!
- Dunkirk hype- With incredible advance reviews and very vague details about its plot, Dunkirk is feeling like the movie event of the summer. Christopher Nolan can do no wrong, so I will set my expectations on the roof and prepare to be blown away.
do you share any of my obsessions? what are you obsessed with this week?